Longboarding is a popular sport and mode of transportation that has been around for decades. It is a type of skateboarding that involves riding on a longer board, usually made of wood or composite materials. Longboarding has several disciplines, including cruising, freeriding, carving, and downhill. Downhill longboarding is a thrilling and exhilarating experience that requires a specialized deck to handle the high speeds and intense turns.
The best longboard deck for downhill is one that provides stability, control, and speed. The deck’s shape, size, and construction are critical factors to consider when choosing the right one. The deck’s shape affects how it handles turns, while its size affects its stability and speed. The construction of the deck determines its durability, weight, and flexibility.
When choosing a longboard deck for downhill, it is essential to pay attention to the type of material used, the length and width of the deck, the shape of the board, and the flex of the deck. The material used will determine the durability and weight of the deck, while the length and width will affect its stability and speed. The shape of the board will affect how it handles turns, and the flex of the deck will determine how it absorbs shock and vibrations.
In this article, we will review and compare some of the best longboard decks for downhill. We will consider factors such as shape, size, construction, and flex to help you make an informed decision when choosing the right longboard deck for your needs. Whether you are a seasoned downhill rider or a beginner looking to get started, we have got you covered.
Best Longboard Decks for Downhill
If you’re looking for a thrilling ride down hills, you need a longboard deck that can handle high speeds, tight turns, and rough terrain. Choosing the right longboard deck can make all the difference in your downhill experience. Based on performance, durability, and user reviews, we’ve compiled a list of the best longboard decks for downhill riding.
If you’re looking for a high-quality longboard deck for downhill, the Magneto Bamboo Carbon Fiber Longboard is a great choice. With its unique W-Concavity and recessed truck mounts, this board is designed for high speeds and stability.
- The W-Concavity and recessed truck mounts provide superior stability at high speeds, making this board ideal for downhill riding.
- The deck is made with high-quality materials, including a 3K carbon fiber weave, Canadian maple, and fiberglass, resulting in an efficient strength-to-weight ratio and reduced road noise and vibrations.
- Designed by skaters in Southern California, this board is inspired by local surf culture and natural materials, and comes with excellent customer service.
- At 37 inches long, this board may not be suitable for riders who prefer shorter decks.
- With a durometer hardness of 78A, the wheels may not provide enough grip on rough surfaces.
- Some users may find the board to be too stiff for their liking.
The Magneto Bamboo Carbon Fiber Longboard is a top-quality deck for high-speed downhill riding. Its unique W-Concavity and recessed truck mounts provide superior stability, while its high-quality materials and excellent customer service make it a significant investment for any serious longboarder.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, the Magneto Bamboo Carbon Fiber Longboard is a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable, high-quality longboard deck.
So if you’re ready to take your longboarding to the next level, check out the Magneto Bamboo Carbon Fiber Longboard today!
If you’re looking for a stable and smooth ride, the MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard Skateboard is a great option.
- Low gravity construction ideal for speed rides
- Stable downhill platform thanks to strong 8-ply cold pressed hardrock maple
- Adjustable genuine alluminium 7-Inch reverse kingpin trucks for great maneuverability
- May not be suitable for beginners due to its size and shape
- Some users reported delamination and splitting of the deck after a few weeks of use
- May not be the best option for tricks or freestyle riding
The MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard Skateboard is designed for experienced riders who want to cruise down hills easily. Its 40-inch longboard is constructed with the classic downhill drop model, providing a low-gravity construction perfect for any speed ride.
The 8-ply cold-pressed hard rock maple and 37-inch wheelbase contribute to a stable downhill platform, while the genuine aluminum 7-Inch reverse kingpin trucks are adjustable to 50 or 45 degrees, providing excellent maneuverability. The durable 70x51mm 78A PU wheels work with ABEC-9 precision bearings, letting you enjoy an unsurpassed smooth ride. The graphics range from strikingly vintage to avant-garde looks, so you can choose the one that best fits your style.
However, the MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard Skateboard may not be suitable for beginners due to its size and shape. Some users reported delamination and splitting of the deck after a few weeks of use, so it may not be the most durable option.
Additionally, it may not be the best option for tricks or freestyle riding, as it’s designed primarily for downhill cruising. If you are looking for a longboard better suited for tricks, check our guide on the best longboards for tricks.
If you’re an experienced rider looking for a stable and smooth ride, the MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard Skateboard is definitely worth considering.
If you’re looking for a longboard deck that’s perfect for downhill riding, the TGM Downhill Freeride Slide Longboard is a great choice. With its custom-shaped deck and high-quality components, this board is designed to provide a smooth and stable ride at high speeds.
- The dropped platform and concave design of the deck provide comfortable foot grips near the trucks and help you power through turns and slides.
- The dropped longboard design creates a lower center of gravity for greater stability at high speeds.
- The high-rebound wheels offer a smooth ride and absorb vibration without wearing out too quickly.
- The white wheels may not be to everyone’s taste.
- The board may be a bit heavy for some riders.
- The deck may not be as durable as some other longboard decks on the market.
Measuring 10″ x 39.8″, this board is perfect for riders with a stable and reliable longboard for downhill riding. The TGM Downhill Freeride Slide Longboard is fully loaded with parts to bring this board to its full potential, including 180mm trucks, 70mm 78a wheels, black grip tape, and ABEC 7 bearings.
The longboard-specific reverse kingpin shape of the trucks allows for better turning and more responsiveness. Overall, the TGM Downhill Freeride Slide Longboard is an excellent choice for a high-quality longboard deck for downhill riding.
If you’re looking for a sturdy longboard deck that delivers a smooth and speedy ride, the FISH SKATEBOARDS Downhill Longboard Skateboard is a great option.
- Full size design that is suitable for all level skaters
- Durable and stable with high density 8 layer grade A canadian maple wood skateboard and emery non-slip surface
- Smooth and speedy ride with super smooth 70x51mm HR82A anti-shock PU wheels and Abec-9 Chrome steel
- Some users reported that the wheels are placed in a bad position
- One user reported that the board broke after a few months of use
- Skate tool and grip tape quality may vary
The FISH SKATEBOARDS Downhill Longboard Skateboard is a complete cruiser with everything you need to start riding. It’s suitable for adults and kids, with a max supporting weight of 330 lbs.
The 7″ heavy-duty aluminum alloy trucks and steel axle make this board reliable and sturdy, while the white bear design adds a touch of style. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, this longboard deck is an excellent choice for cruising, carving, and downhill rides.
The AODI Longboard Skateboard is a solid choice for anyone looking for a durable and stylish ride.
- Strong and sturdy 7-ply maple deck can hold up to 250 pounds
- ABEC-7 high-speed wheel bearings provide a smooth ride
- Mild concave deck profile allows for superior control while riding
- Wheels could be of better quality
- Some users may find the deck to be too heavy
- Not suitable for very steep downhill riding
The AODI Longboard Skateboard is excellent for beginners and experienced riders alike. Its 7-ply maple deck provides a sturdy and durable base for cruising, carving, and freestyle riding. The ABEC-7 high-speed wheel bearings ensure a smooth ride, while the mild concave deck profile allows for superior control while riding, turning, and doing tricks.
However, some users may find the wheels lower quality, and the deck may need to be lighter for some riders. Additionally, it may only be suitable for some steep downhill riding. Overall, the AODI Longboard Skateboard is a solid choice for a stylish and reliable ride.
For those seeking stability and ease of pushing, the Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) is a great option for downhill carving and around-town commutes.
- Ultra-low-riding design ensures maximum stability
- Perimeter shape provides 9.6 inches of leverage into every turn
- Eliminates wheel bite for a smooth ride
- Not ideal for advanced riders looking for high speeds
- May not be suitable for riders over 220 pounds
- May require adjustments to trucks and wheels for personal preference
The Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) features a full maple laminate deck, reverse kingpin (RKP) longboard trucks with 245-millimeter axles, and wide-lip 70-by-51-millimeter super high rebound (SHR) urethane wheels with ABEC 9 bearings and high-speed lubricant. The board also includes high-quality 80S grip tape and a limited one-year manufacturer’s warranty against defects in materials and artistry.
Atom is a line of boards produced by MBS, the original mountainboarding company, leading the industry by developing innovative, high-performance mountainboard products. MBS is dedicated to advancing the sport and its riders and has expanded its product line to include carveboards, longboards, and skateboards.
If you’re seeking a stable and easy-to-ride longboard for downhill carving and around-town commutes, the Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) is a great option. However, advanced riders looking for high speeds may want to look elsewhere, and riders over 220 pounds should consider weight limits. Heavier riders should check out our guide on the best decks for heavy riders.
Looking for a budget-friendly longboard deck that’s perfect for downhill, freestyle riding, and cruising? Check out the Junli Longboard Deck!
- Highly responsive 7-inch aluminum alloy trucks and ultra high elastic PU support pad provide control and stability.
- 41 IN long x 9.5 IN wide deck made of cold press 8-ply natural maple with max load weight 330Ibs; brushed black surface for antislip. No assembly required.
- Durable 70mm X 51mm 80A PU wheels with rock finish, ABEC-11 high speed bearings.
- The Junli Longboard Deck is a budget-friendly option, so it may not have all the features of more expensive decks.
- The deck may not be suitable for advanced riders who need a more specialized longboard deck.
- Some riders may prefer a different deck shape or size for their specific riding style.
The Junli Longboard Deck is a great option for those who are just starting out with longboarding or who are looking for a budget-friendly option. With its durable construction and responsive trucks, this deck is perfect for downhill, freestyle riding, and cruising. However, more advanced riders may want to consider a more specialized deck for their specific needs.
Overall, the Junli Longboard Deck is a great choice for anyone who wants a reliable, budget-friendly longboard deck that can handle a variety of riding styles. With its durable construction and responsive trucks, this deck is sure to provide hours of fun and excitement on the road.
So if you’re looking for a great longboard deck at an affordable price, be sure to check out the Junli Longboard Deck today!
Choosing the best longboard deck for downhill can be a challenging task, especially if you are new to the sport. Here are some things to consider when selecting a longboard deck:
The material of the deck is an essential factor in determining the quality of the longboard. The most common materials used in longboard decks are bamboo, maple, and fiberglass. Bamboo is known for its flexibility, while maple is known for its durability. Fiberglass is a popular choice for riders who want a more rigid deck.
The shape of the deck can impact the stability and maneuverability of the longboard. There are three main shapes: drop-through, top-mount, and drop-down. Drop-through decks have trucks that are mounted through the deck, making them closer to the ground and more stable. Top-mount decks have the trucks mounted on top of the deck, making them more maneuverable. Drop-down decks have a lowered center of gravity, making them more stable and easier to push.
The size of the deck is also an important factor to consider. The length and width of the deck can impact the stability and maneuverability of the longboard. Longer decks are more stable, while shorter decks are more maneuverable. Wider decks are more stable, while narrower decks are more maneuverable.
The concave of the deck refers to the curve of the deck. A higher concave provides more grip and control, making it ideal for downhill riding. A lower concave provides less grip and control, making it ideal for cruising and carving.
The flex of the deck refers to how much it bends under weight. A stiffer deck is more stable at high speeds, while a more flexible deck is more comfortable to ride and absorbs shock better.
When choosing a longboard deck for downhill, it’s essential to consider the material, shape, size, concave, and flex. By understanding these factors, you can select the best longboard deck for your riding style and skill level.